Friday, July 24, 2009

In Vegas!

Hey guys what's up?

We're in Vegas. We came out yesterday and I have two words - Murphy's Law. It all worked out in the end though. Here's how it went down:

Our first flight from DC to Chicago for our connection was canceled an hour before we got to the airport. After haggling with the United Air rep, they got us on an AA flight. Of course this meant we had to go to the back of the longest line in the entire airport and the departure time was approaching quickly. We barely made it onto that flight and were on our way to Chicago...

(Of course those dirty bastards confiscated my peanut butter when going through security though! Arrraaggghh!!!! Since when is peanut butter a liquid???)

We got to Chicago and had to haul arse across the airport back to the United terminal (at least I got some extra cardio right?!). Everything looked good until that point and we boarded the plane. Then we found out the pilots hadn't arrived yet but would be there in 20 minutes. No biggie. Well the 20 minutes turned into almost 2 hrs on the tarmac and then by the time they arrived we had to wait for thunderstorms and Air Force One was in the area so we had to wait for that too. Fun stuff!!!

Now of course all this wouldn't be that much of a big deal if weigh-in's weren't 6:30-8:00pm. We finally got airborne and arrived in Vegas at 6:30pm (close to 3 hrs later than expected). We got our luggage, hurried over to the rental car place (this part wasn't bad) and sped over to the hotel. We got there at 8:00pm, I ran in, and made weight at 197 lbs.

Whew!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little flat and my water intake got a little screwed up on the trip but overall things look great and I think tonight will be a lot of fun. My good friend Shaun Crump will be in my class so that'll be a blast if we both make the same callout.

I'll keep y'all posted! Wish me luck!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment