Sunday, May 10, 2009

What is YOUR vision for your life?

Those of you who have been following the blog for a bit may recall me mentioning Steve Cook, a truly outstanding individual who I think very highly of and respect immensely. I recently was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend an event with him in a small group intimate setting.

The purpose of the event was to establish and identify an 'action plan' towards achieving one's life goals (i.e."vision"). As I discovered, this is actually a lot more difficult than I originally imagined and it forced me to think about what I really want to achieve in life, what I want my life to look like on a day-to-day basis, and how I plan on getting there.

We can all dream, and that's fantastic because that's where it all starts, but how many of us achieve those dreams? If not, WHY? Furthermore, are those dreams even REALLY what you want? Are you sure a big house, a nice car, and a six-figure salary will bring you happiness? Really think about that. Ask yourself...what is important to YOU. I think you'll be surprised at the answers you discover. Also, are you living a life someone else thinks you should be living or are you pursuing your own destiny?

Only you can answer these questions, but please be honest with yourself because it truly is your life to live. Make sure you're living how you want to live and pursing your life vision, because in the end we're only here once and we all deserve to be happy and live fulfilling lives if we so choose.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment